Situated south west of Turre and Mojácar, “Cortijo Cabrera” is a unique area in the Iberian Peninsula, an area where outstanding beauty and historical culture blend seamlessly together.
Once a Moorish stronghold, Cabrera has remained faithful to its roots reflected in its unique architecture. Domes glint in the sunlight and Moorish stone arches lead onto shady courtyards. Beauty such as this, coupled with fantastic views always comes at a price, but the emphasis here is on quality not quantity, a refreshing change ……….
In the lush valley below Cabrera is the golf resort of El Cortijo Grande. An amazing landscape combined with the new golf course close by and a handful of select restaurants makes Sierra Cabrera a truly special place.
For visitors coming to Cabrera, here are a set of directions on how to find the village.
Whether you are coming from either up or down the coast, you will almost certainly arrive on the A-7 motorway, the Autovía del Mediterraneo.
Leave the motorway at Junction 520. (Spanish motorway junctions are numbered in kilometres, so 520 is 5km south of Junction 525.
- At the roundabout adjoining the junction, take the exit for Turre AL6111
- After about 2km you will pass over two narrow bridges.
- After another 200m, turn right onto the road up to Cortijo Grande. You will pass through a big stone entrance, a bit like a set of gateposts.
- Follow this road for about 3 km, missing the left turn signposted Jardines de Agua and following the signpost to Sierra Cabrera.
- At the end of the narrow section, take care. Three roads join and none has a Give Way or Stop on them (!).
- Keep on through Cortijo Grande. As you are passing through a small avenue of trees, you will go left and see a signpost to Cabrera there.
- Follow this road as it wiggles its way gently upwards. After another 2 km, ignore the road on your right and follow the road as it bends left and goes steep downhill.
- Go down the hill and as you start to climb up the other side you are entering the outskirts of Cabrera.
- In about 1 km you will reach the arch. Pass through the arch and the main car park is about 100m beyond it.
If you are using a GPS navigation system, the coordinates of the Cabrera Arch are 37.11442N, 1.92259W.
Telephone Number: (0034) 647 901 478